Jesus is Calling You on Awake the Dawn

 Jesus said in Mathew 11:28 - 29

"come to me all you who labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and lowly at heart and you will find rest for your souls, for my yoke is easy and my burden is light". 

"Whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst  again ( John 4:14a). In John 6:35; " I am the bread of life he who comes to me shall never hunger and he believes in me shall never thirst". Jesus is the real food and the real drink. He is everything we need for life. This life is empty without Christ. Our hearts keep seeking for equilibrium and satisfaction. These can only be found in Jesus. He keeps them in perfect peace whose hearts are stayed on him for they trust in him. 

Our world is becoming increasingly dangerous and unsafe. The cosmos seems to be angry with us. Economies of the world are going into different kinds of recession. Our lives are no longer safe as we see one strange disease after another ravaging the earth and taking lives in huge numbers. 

Jesus is beckoning on us this morning...we can't make it without him. He needs us to come to him in repentance and brokenness. He doesn't care what we may have done in the past, he is ready to forgive and forget. As the east is far from the west so far  does he take our transgressions from us. (Psalm 103:12). Just come to him this morning in penitence and find rest for your soul. 

Sing this hymn with me: Earnestly, tenderly Jesus is calling



Comments

Popular Posts