AWAKE THE DAWN WITH DONNIE MCCLURKIN:I Call Him Holy



Donald Andrew "Donnie McClurkin Jr" is an American gospel Singer and minister. He has won three Grammy Awards, one Dove Award and one NAACP Image Award. He is one of the top selling Gospel music artists selling over 10 Million albums worldwide..Variety dubbed him as a' Reigning king of urban gospel. source: Wikipedia




This morning as I'm moved to gaze on the holiness of God and his faithfulness, I got lost in Donnie's lyrics of 'I call him faithful'.


All around us we see fragility, corruption, instability and decay. But God remains unchanging, constant and ever faithful.

 James 1:17 says of him; 

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the father of lights in whom there is no variableness or shadow of turning. 

And Isaiah when he encountered the lord after the death of King Uzziah in Isaiah 6:3 all he heard the angel cry was:

Holy, holy, holy is the lord of hosts. 
The whole earth is full of his glory

And then he said in verse 5

Woe is me, for I am undone, because I am a man of unclean lips and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips for my eyes have seen the king, the lord of hosts.


Whenever we encounter God and revive a glimpse of his holiness we become weakened as men because his holiness fills us with awesome realization of our emptiness and insufficiency. But we thank God for Jesus through whom we can approach the throne of the king of kings not as weak and insufficient men but as confident children going to meet their father...




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts