TEARS AT DAWN (ON AWAKE THE DAWN)

Yesterday on our daily devotional we concluded the lessons on Psalm 119. Verses 146-149 shows something about the psalmist. He said to God;


Psalm 119:146-149
English Standard Version (ESV)

146 I call to you; save me,
that I may observe your testimonies.
147 I rise before dawn and cry for help;
I hope in your words.
148 My eyes are awake before the watches of the night,
that I may meditate on your promise.
149 Hear my voice according to your steadfast love;
O Lord, according to your justice give me life.


God is our ultimate saviour, he is mighty to deliver, so we confidently rest on him. He saves us and keeps us safe so that we may continue to observe his precepts, walk in his laws and proclaim it to the world around us.

 We are not kept alive just to pursue our dreams and aspirations. If you haven't made Jesus the center of your life and the very reason for your existence. Then today is the time to do so.

The psalmist could not sleep because he was awake meditating on God's laws. What keeps you awake beloved? What is that which makes you to loose sleep? You don't need to dwell over them. The psalmist kept watch so that he could meditate on God's promises and claim them over his life. This is what God expects from us. He said he honours his word even more than his name. His promises are sure. They stand forever. 

Jesus set an example for us in the book of Mark.  He stays awake all night long to pray and wakes very early in the morning to meditate. If the early morning quiet time hasn't become a habit for you, then you need to pray earnestly and ask for grace to do so. 

Our tears at dawn onto God has a capacity of turning away many sorrows at the night time. May you find in God's presence a relief and a solution for all your tears this morning as you worship and meditate.  Stay blessed and have a fruitful day in Christ Jesus, Amen!

Sing along with this video: I will Rise


Comments

Popular Posts