AWAKE THE DAWN WITH DONNIE MCCLURKIN ON: "HOLY"




In the book of Isaiah 6:1-3 & 5; there is a very interesting divine encounter that visited Isaiah the prophet, it reads thus: 

 In the year that king Uzziah died, I saw also the lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up and his train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphim; each one had six wings; with twain he covered  his feet, and with twain he did fly and one cried onto another and said; Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts, the whole earth is full of his glory...then said I woe is me for I am undone because I am a man of unclean lips...


The holiness of God is what makes us to feel dirty and filthy. He has set himself apart from anything that corrupts. Psalms 87:1 says  His foundation is in the holy mountain.  And in Habakkuk; He is of a purer eyes than to behold iniquity.  God is holy and set apart, he cannot be associated  with anything evil.  All who seek to serve him must imbibe this unique quality of his. In Leviticus 11:45, 19:2, 20:26 and 1 Peter 1:16 He demands of us; be ye holy for I the lord your God am holy". In other words be you separate from among the evil around you, be set apart, be dedicated to holy living, be consecrated, come out from among the evil doers, be not entangled with anything that corrupts your purity. 

Sin introduces impurity into our lives as children of God. It brings about a falling short from the standard that God has ordained for us and so we keep yearning to be clean. We keep yearning for perfection for by default of original sin we can never measure up. Praise be to God who has made us holy and righteous through Jesus and guarantees our washing and cleansing any time we fall below by the cleansing agent of his precious blood.


So this morning we join our brother Donald to sing about God's holiness. To remind ourselves of who he is and what he requires of us, so that, as we move around in the corrupt environment of this world we must keep our heads and our eyes up where only righteousness and holiness dwell; heaven, Our home!








Donald Andrew "Donnie" McClurkin, Jr. is an American gospel singer and minister. He has won three Grammy Awards, ten Stellar Awards, two BET Awards, two Soul Train Awards, one Dove Award and one NAACP Image Awards. He is one of the top selling Gospel music artists, selling over 10 million albums worldwide





I will lift my voice and I will sing Holy, Holy
To my Lord and Savior, my God and king
I will sing Holy, Holy

I will praise the lamb of God who sits upon the throne
I will worship Him and give the praise to Him alone
He who was and is and is to come

I will sing before His throne forever, forever
All the angels singm the bow down, and they sing Holy, Holy

We, Your sons and daughters, we praise You now
and we cry Holy, Holy

I will praise the lamb of God who sits upon the throne
I will worship Him and give the praise to Him alone
He who was and is and is to come
I will sing before His throne forever, forever
Holy, Holy

Comments

Popular Posts