JESUS CELEBRITY: Celebrating Don Moen's birthday




Donald James Moen is an American singer, song writer and gospel musician. He is also a pastor. Born on 29 June 1950, today marks his 70thbirthday. 

I began to get fascinated with this man of God in my final year in high school. It was my first time of hearing his song-  I just want to be were you are". The lyrics of this song created in my young soul a certain hunger for God's presence. I kept listening to the song throughout the period I spent visiting with my sister in her college back then. That was how I became fascinated with Don Meon and his special ministry in the body of Christ. His songs remain my best Christian songs any day any time.

Don Meon grew up in Minnesota but today world over he is being celebrated. He has used his gift of singing to bless souls within and outside the church. For over 34 years he has been actively involved in reaching out to every need of believers through his different renditions. Today on his Facebook page his birthday prayer is "
Use me today, I know you can Lord, I surrender to your plan"

With over 100 songs and 34 albums to his credit, he has won several Dove Awards. According to popular ranking, his best work remains "God will make a way" which was released in 2003. Others  include thank you lord, Arise, hiding  place, I will sing, the mercy seat, God with us, steadfast love etc

What is the lesson for us from his life? I learnt from his lifestyle that one can be a Christian and still be a world celebrity. You don't have to engage in all sorts of  sinful lifestyles just because you want to be known. What is that gift God has given you? Seek for ways to develop it. Your own gift is unique and peculiar to you nobody else can impact our world as you can if you agree to work with God. 

I JUST WANT TO BE WHERE YOU ARE has remained my best of all his songs

Please join me to wish this man of God a happy birthday as we meditate on this special number.




I just want to be where you are
Dwelling daily in your presence
I don't want to worship from afar
Draw me near to where you are

I want to be where you are
Dwelling in your presence
Feasting at your table
Surrounded by your glory
In your presence that's where I always want to be
I just want to be 
I just want to be with you

Comments

Popular Posts