VERSE OF THE DAY FOR AUGUST 16, 2020



Today's Verse for meditation and memorization is Zephaniah 3:17

The lord thy God in the midst of thee is mighty, he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy, he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. (KJV)

The Amplified Bible renders it this way

The lord your God is in the midst of you, a mighty one,a saviour. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will rest (in silent satisfaction) and in his love, He will be silent and make no mention of past sins, or even recall them. He will exult over you with singing. (AMPC)


Thoughts on Today's Verse

I love the Amplified rendition. It gladdens the heart to know that there is a mighty one who saves and is always, ever ready to save. This is the God whom we serve. He does not  remember my sins anymore, neither will he make mention of them ever again. He doesn't forgive as the world does, rather, He forgives and forgets. No wonder Psalms 103:12 says "as far as the east is from the west so far has he removed our transgression from us". Let this heart warming message bring you peace today. Know for certain that God has forgiven you, if you have approached him for forgiveness and he's offered you a hand of fellowship through his son Jesus. Do not give in to Satan's lies. Focus on the one who has made you this promise, he is able to keep you unspotted from sin, he is able to keep you safe from any danger.


PRAYER: Thank you so much father for your generosity. You created me, you redeemed me and you restored me. Yet now you promised that you will exult over me with singing. I do not merit this kind of magnanimous love but I open my heart and my hands to receive it. Blessed be your holy name forever, Amen.


Comments

Popular Posts