DAILY GUIDE DEVOTIONALS: First things First




Text: 1Kings 6:9-3

Yes God isn't really interested in our physical and grandiose displays. He appreciates them though, in their own respect but he doesn't want them to replace what he considers really important. Another aspect that got me thinking is His attention to details. It is mind blowing. It calls on me to be more articulate in the way I handle God's matters. He won't take anything for granted. He cares about the nitty gritty of my service to in any work he's placed in my hand.

And so he said to Solomon


About this temple you are building, what's important is that you live the way I've set out for you and do what I tell you, following my instructions carefully and obediently, then I'll complete in you the promise I made to David your father. I'll personally take up my residence among the Israelites, I won't desert my people Israel (MSG)

That's right! The condition is set forth. Its not actually the magnificence of the temple that will keep God there neither its obscurity but the behaviour and attitude of the builder towards God's laws.

We do well when we serve God with our substance. But he appreciates and accepts our offerings only when our lives and ways depends completely on his word. This is the undisputable condition. Take note and repent where there's need.

In Isaiah 66:1-2 
"Thus says the Lord, heaven is my throne and earth is my footstool. Where is the house that you will build me? And where is the place of my rest? For all those things my hand has made and all those things exist says the Lord; but on this one will I look; on him who is poor and of a contrite spirit and who trembles at my word" (NKJV)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts