THANKSGIVING FOR GOD' S DELIVERANCE ON DAILY GUIDE



Text:Psalms 116:1-19

In Verses 1-2  it says;
I love the lord, because he has heard my voice and my supplications. Because he has inclined his ear to me, therefore, I will call upon him as long as I live. 

I will call upon the Lord
Who is worthy to be praised
I will magnify the lord
For he is worthy to be praised
So shall I be saved from all my enemies
The lord reigns
Blessed be the lord
Let the rock of my salvation be exalted

David possibly wrote this psalm after he was delivered from his son Absalom' conspiracies and subsequent attack. But as I read through, I find the words to be so true of the dealings of God in my own life. And I am sure, you can also find ways to relate this psalm to yourself. 

Many times, believers go through a lot of heart aches, trials, persecutions and life threatening challenges. Yet we come out victorious. Some of these ordeals when we narrate them are such harrowing experiences that many who do not have Christ in their lives, may not be able to bear such. It therefore, warms the heart to know that we are united to a living saviour, who is not only all powerful and all knowing but also readily available and eager to deliver us. Then the Bible is fulfilled " he who did not spare his only begotten son but gave him up for us, will  he not also with him freely give us all things?"Romans 8:32


We need to always remind ourselves about the love of God upon our lives. He is the ever flowing stream that never runs dry. In honour of what he's done, it naturally follows in Verses 12-14 to ask;

 "what shall I render to the lord for all his benefits towards me? The only worthy thing to do is "to take up the cup of Salvation, call upon the name of the Lord and pay my vows to him"




Have you left this duty? Have you for want of time or money or companionship neglected your duty towards the master in any respect? Today is an opportune time for you to count his blessings and deliverance one after the other and renew your covenant with him.


Father as we come before you today in deep appreciation of your faithfulness all through the years. May it please you to baptise us afresh by your holy spirit and rekindle in us the fire of your love. Amen!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts