DRAW ME CLOSE TO YOU ON AWAKE THE DAWN




This morning we welcome Michael W. Smith to this platform. His song "draw me close to you" reminds me of what should be my yearning and my heart desire all day long. It got me searching the scriptures for this directive. And I found in the gospel of John that unless we are so drawn to JESUS and constantly remain united with him, then we can do nothing.

In John 15:16 He says

You have not chosen but I have chosen you that you should go and bring forth fruit and that your fruit shall remain. That whatsoever you shall ask the father in my name he may give it to you.

Moving up to John15:4-7 (this is one of my favourite portions in the scriptures) He says

Abide in me and I in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can you except you abide in me. I am the vine and you are the branches, he that abides in me and I in him, the same  brings forth much fruit for without me you can do nothing. If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch and is withered and men gather them and cast them into the fire and they are burned. If you abide in me and my words abide in you, you shall ask what you will and it shall be done unto you.

Father, as we draw near to you today, may you take over our hearts and may it burn continually only for  you in Jesus Christ name we pray, Amen! Amen!!


Comments

Popular Posts